Surrey Walking Club Certificate with Swastika Logo, Awarded to Mr W J Harris, 1937
A Certificate from the Surrey Walking club awarded to Mr W J Harris on the 15th September 1937, who walked 3 miles in 31 Minutes and 43 seconds.
The Surrey Walking Club, from it’s inception in 1899 until the late 1930s, used the Swastika – an ancient symbol of good fortune – as it’s logo. Their use of the logo had no connection with it’s use by an infamous far right organisations of the mid 20th Century.
An interesting and curious item
Surrey Walking Club website
Locations Associate with this Item
Surrey, United Kingdom