Carte de Visite of St Mary’s Church, Ambleside, 1860s
St Mary’s Church Ambleside was built between 1850 and 1854 in the Early Gothic style. Unlike many Lakeland churches, it has a spire, and is built of sandstone which was more easily worked than the local slate.
This Carte de Visite depicts the St Mary’s church not long after completion.
Locations Associate with this Item
Lake District National Park, 1 Vicarage Road, Ambleside, Cumbria LA22 9DH, UK