Collection of Victorian Hot Air Balloon Print, Engravings and Clippings
People associated with this item
A collection of seven Victorian engravings or clippings relating to Hot Air Ballooning. These appear to have been collected from the pages of the The London Illustrated News or other newspapers. One item includes the publication date of May 30, 1846. Where dates may be inferred from the clipping, I have included it in brackets below.
- "The Ascent of Balloons from The Esplanade of the Invalides" (Esplanade des Invalides in Paris is clearly depicted) (1854)
- "Entertainment to four thaousand school children at Dudley"
- "Ascent of the Victoria Balloon, at Hastings" (1851)
- "The Fete at Paris - Representation of the Siege of Silistria, in the Cramp de mars - Flotilla of Balloons" (1849)
- "Balloon recognisance of the Fortification of Perschiera" (1859)
- "Improvements in Aerostation": "Balloon, with sail furled" / "Balloon, with sail unfurled" (May 20 1846)
- "Balloon accident, at Bombay (1854)
A great set for framing.
Tell us what you think
Can you add further information about this item? Are there errors in our transcription? Did this belong to an ancestor of yours? We would love to know what you know about this item! Add your comments below.